It’s sweltering hot out there, and it’s swarming with buzzwords! There’s several ways to beat the heat, so check out this list of buzzwords to find out what all of the buzz is about this summer:
- pURLS (personalized URL) : Use a pURLS to create a one-to-one conversation
- VDP (Variable data printing) : Personalize the direct mail piece by adding pURLs, variable images and/or variable data based on segments
- Email Blasts : Embed pURLs into your email blasts
- Go mobile : (and by that I mean, with smartphones) Connect the direct mail piece with QR codes
- Landing Pages : Direct your audience to a mobile-optimized landing page
- Capture Results : Integrate all of this cross-media (pURLs, QR codes, landing pages, direct mail, etc.) cohesively to drive response, conversion and retention!
In today’s sultry business climate, it is more important than ever to examine the way you market to your customers and prospects. How do you communicate with the people and organizations you want, and need, to be in business with? Do you rely on salepeople to reach out via phone and email, or perhaps through a social network or referral? Do you send out one-way informational documents and literature?
In most cases, if you’re doing this, it’s to gain entry to your customer or prospect for a face-to-face meeting or telephone conversation. The reason we want this is so that we can form a dialog with Penelope Prospect or the Carl Client.
But nowadays, it’s very difficult for people to set aside time for these meetings because our responsibilities and job descriptions are ever-increasing. Imagine being able to start this dialog at the earliest of stages of the sales cycle. Imagine having access to invaluable data in regard to your customers and prospects value points. Imagine being able to use this data to segment your messaging, making each communication relevant and targeted to your audience. Imagine creating this messaging across the multiple marketing channels. This is called integrated cross-media marketing, one of the many buzzwords used throughout the marketing industry.
This integrated cross-media marketing world is the world we live in now, so if you are a marketer, business development professional or business owner. The days of traditional mass advertising are over. With shrinking budgets, and the demand for high-value ROI marketing campaigns, it’s more important than ever to implement a strategy that will get you the most bang for your buck. It’s called BUZZWORDS!