Green from the roots up—we’re leading the way in keeping the earth healthy.
Printing is probably not the first industry that comes to mind when you think of sustainability. But it is in print that the biggest strides can be made, and CRW is constantly developing new processes to reduce its consumption.
The Forest Stewardship CouncilTM (FSC®) has certified us as a responsible Chain of Custody printer since 2007, and we’ve also received awards from GreenWorks and the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection for our efforts.
We’ve already taken a number of steps to reduce our impact:
- Switched to linseed oil-based lithographic inks (a natural and renewable resource)
- Eliminated all film and chemicals from our prepress processes
- New plating process saves ~150,000 gallons of fresh water per year
- All paper scraps, waste ink, and printing plates are recycled
- Vegetable-based inks and recycled paper available for all projects
What are you doing to ensure a sustainable planet?
The public is demanding to know, and an increasing number of companies worldwide are complying by issuing annual corporate responsibility reports.